Cheering on football, pumpkin spice everything, and haunted houses are a reminder that fall is here! And with the return of cooler temperatures comes the need for home and business owners to prepare their properties for winter.
Taking care of your plumbing the fall will help out in the winter, and when it hits winter time we will post a winter plumbing tips with further tips. Because unless you want pipes bursting or no hot water in the morning you want to get your plumbing and pipes ready for cooler temperatures.
There are some DIY tasks that homeowners can take on before even calling McCoy’s Heating, Air & Plumbing. Make sure you’re taking these simple steps this fall:
1. Disconnect your garden hose(s). After you drain them, store them somewhere that doesn’t get too cold. Plus, if you have interior shutoff valves that lead to your outdoor faucet.
2. Visually inspect your outdoor faucets for drips and leaks – this is especially important to fix before the temperatures drop and we get our first freeze. You could end up with a mess in your home if the leaks are not detected and fixed. PS during the month of October we have full visual plumbing inspection for only $20 (originally $89).
3. Turn your attention inside by focusing on your water heater. This essential piece of equipment works overtime in the colder months, so flush it out and rinse away any built-up sediment. This will help reduce wear and tear and increases its efficiency. Plus, you will save money on your water bill. Call us today to schedule a water heater maintenance if you do not know how to flush it out yourself.
4. Further efficiency with your water heater! Turn your water heater temperature to 120 degrees for optimal performance in the colder months.
5. If you have a boiler system, in which case you have a radiator or baseboard heat, you’ll want to get that serviced to ensure it will function properly.
6. Learn where the main water valve is. It may come in handy to teach the whole family how to shut off the water main and under toilers and sinks before a disaster strikes!
No matter the season or the weather, we are always here to service your home! Give us a call today or schedule a service on the app to get your home ready for the fall. So if you see any potential issues during your fall plumbing preparation, don’t hesitate to call us. As David McCoy says our experience, your comfort, I guarantee each and every time. Remember you can call us at 731-668-7492 or schedule your plumbing services on our app (McCoy’s HVAC).