Get basic answers to common operating questions to keep your York® system running at peak performance.
Keep your system up and running with these convenient tips that address common operational issues. If these simple steps do not solve your problem, please call your York® Dealer with your model number for service.
- Is your thermostat set in the "cool" position (or “warm” for winter heat pump operation)?
- If so, is your outdoor air conditioning or heat pump unit running?
- Did the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel) trip to the “OFF” position?
- Is the outdoor "disconnect switch" on your outdoor unit in the "ON" position? (The disconnect switch is usually a small metal grey box mounted on a wall near the outdoor unit.)
- Is the blower motor in your furnace or air handler running when your thermostat is activated? (Make sure the furnace switch is in the "ON" position.)
- Have you changed your filter? (A blocked filter can cause your unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.)
- Are the air registers (supply or return ducts) plugged?