We now offer full plumbing services for both commercial and residential! Here are some DIY tips to try before calling us, things to look for if you have a plumbing leaking, and facts about plumbing you might need in a game of trivia!
Today is finally here! The day we say good bye to Summer and hello Fall! The weather down here in West Tennessee has not got the memo yet, but it will soon and will be having cool weather all day long and not just in the morning. So happy fall y'all from the McCoy's Heating & Air team!
McCoy's Heating & Air is having a special going on with their new app called McCoys HVAC available for iPhones, iPads, and Android phones. If you schedule your next maintenance or repair (HVAC or plumbing) you will receive $25 credit to your account. Here is a video showing how to use the app.
Call us today at 731-668-7492 to schedule an inspection and cleaning for your unit(s) before the weather get cold!
Do you want to receive a $25 credit to your account? Download our app and schedule your next maintenance or repair on it! The app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones.
Most people have a smart phone and it goes everywhere they go. Plus anytime someone need to find something out he/she look on his/her phone. Well we just made your life a little easier when trying to call us, view our services, schedule an appointment, current coupons/specials, and financing options. So get out your smart phone or tablet and go to the app store. Next search for McCoys HVAC and download the app! There you go, your life just got a little easier when needing something for your heating, air condition, and plumbing needs.
Are you ready to cheer on your favorite team this season?? Cheer on your favorite team in the comfort of your home with McCoy's Heating and Air! Call today at 731-668-7492 to have your heating & air condition unit tune up for the season.
We hope y'all have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!
LABOR DAY SALE ends Monday, September 5th! One Time Cleaning for only $75 per unit and if you live in the Jackson area it's $35 per unit (regularly $149 per unit)
Summer’s winding down, but there’s at least one big grilling weekend left. Bring on Labor Day! In order to avoid a barbecue blaze, follow these grilling do’s and don’ts:
Propane Grilling Do’s
· Always use the grill outdoors in a well-ventilated area. Always follow all the manufacturer’s instructions and keep written materials and manuals in a safe, accessible place.
· Make sure the grill burner controls are turned off and keep the cylinder valve fully closed when not in use.
· Make sure the gas grill is shut off and completely cooled before covering it after use.
· Always use or store cylinders in an upright, vertical position. Be sure to store them outdoors away from sources of ignition (i.e. heat, matches, or lighters).
· When a cylinder is refilled, have your Delaware Propane Supplier check for dents, damage, rust, or leaks.
· After filling, take the cylinder home immediately. While transporting, keep the vehicle ventilated with the cylinder valve closed and plugged or capped.
· When a grill is not in use, cover disconnected hose-end fittings and burner air intakes with small plastic bags, or obtain protective fitting caps from the propane gas retailer to keep out dirt, insects, and moisture.
· Before lighting a propane gas grill burner, test the gas fittings for leaks. The NFPA provides this leak detection solution:
Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose. A propane leak will release bubbles. If your grill has a gas leak, by smell or the soapy bubble test, and there is no flame, turn off the gas tank and grill. If the leak stops, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again. If the leak does not stop, call the fire department. If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department. Do not move the grill.
Propane Grilling Don’ts
· Do not bring cylinders indoors or into an enclosed space such as a garage.
· Do not smoke while handling the propane cylinder.
· Do not leave the cylinder in a vehicle.
· Do not use matches or lighters to check for leaks.
· Do not allow children to tamper or play with the cylinder or grill.
· Do not use, store, or transport a cylinder where it could be exposed to high temperatures (this includes storing spare cylinders under or near the grill).
Charcoal Grilling Do’s
· Lay sheets of aluminum foil at the base of the grill before placing and lighting the coals to make for easier grill cleaning and disposal of used coals and ash.
· Allow the coals to light and burn for at least 20-30 minutes. Just make sure the coals are hot and glowing before you start grilling.
· Make sure that both the top and bottom vents are wide open
Charcoal Grilling Don’ts
· Skimp on the charcoal. A hot fire is crucial to good grilling.
· Cover the grill when cooking directly over the coals. In their classic grilling cookbook, Let the Flames Begin, authors Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby call this the #1 grilling mistake. When fat drippings hit those hot coals, they turn into puffs of bad-tasting smoke. When the grill is covered, that smoke gives your food bad-tasting flavor. (Makes sense.) “We urge you to build a multi-level fire, keep your eye on what you are grilling, and just move it to the cool part of the grill when flare-ups threaten,” they say.
· Do not leave the grill unattended! Charcoal grills are generally light and easy to tip over. Place your grill on a flat, level surface and keep an eye out for small children and our furry friends.
We have a Labor Day special going on starting today until Monday, September 5th! One time cleaning is normally $149, but for this week if you live in Jackson it's $35 and everywhere else is $75!
We are looking for lead plumber!! Can make up to $25 per hour depending on experience! Send your resume to email@example.com
We are looking for experience residential lead installer!! Send your resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fact of the day, 1 out of every 6 people who suffer from allergies does so because of a direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in their duct system.
Your home may have many sources of pollutants that could affect your families health, comfort, and/or safety. So, how healthy is your air inside your home?
You can find out today with an indoor air analysis done! Call 731-668-7492 to schedule your air analysis today!
As many of you know we have been giving back 1% of residential ticket sales a non-profit charity or school of choice. Here is a quick reminder to mention your favorite school next time you call so we can give 1% to them because this is only for a limited time! Also, make sure to check back at the beginning of each month to find out the ranking and the amount that the schools and non-profit charities will be receiving.
Good morning y’all! As many of you know we have been giving back 1% of residential ticket sales to a non-profit charity or school of choice. Here is a quick reminder to mention your favorite non-profit charity next time you call so we can give 1% to them! Also, make sure to tune back at the beginning of each month to find out the ranking and the amount that the schools and non-profit charities will be receiving.
Most of this week have been under a heat advisory, and it will continue through this weekend. So this mean hot hot hot outside, and you need tips on how to beat the heat for your special four-legged friend. Here are 5 great tips with links to recipes and items to help your furry friend beat the heat this summer. If you have any other great tip, please comment below!
Hey y’all! I wanted to give a little intro about who is behind McCoy’s Heating & Air marketing. My name is Larissa and I am the marketing coordinator for McCoy’s! I just graduated from Union University, so this is my first big girl job. We are changing it up a bit in the way we go about our marketing and social media presence. You will notice that our ads will be changing and adding a promo code to them. If you see or hear the promo code make sure to mention it when you call us (PS you will find out about specials and sales we have going on)! Also, we will be changing who we will be advertising with so you might start seeing/hearing us where you didn’t before. Furthermore, we want more of our customers on our social media so please like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and soon Pinterest. I might even do a prize if we reach to a 1,000 likes/follow!! Now our social media has been boring in the past so I get why you didn’t want to follow but now it will have recipes, tips, decor/crafts, activities and more. Well that’s it folks so tune in next time to find out HVAC and plumbing tips plus what’s going on around here!
For simplicity and reliability, LX Series packaged units employ proven controls to simplify operation and ensure reliability. Information on unit status, start-up and operating temperatures simplifies installation and troubleshooting for contractors while ensuring optimum performance and energy savings for homeowners.
Reduce service costs by reviewing this checklist of issues.
Before calling your York® Dealer for service, take a moment to make sure you're prepared for the appointment. Here are a few things to do in preparation for your service appointment:
Review the troubleshooting guide and be prepared to explain the issues that you're experiencing.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Write down the model numbers of all your York® products.
- Know how long ago your problem began.
- Make sure the system is accessible – remove anything blocking your products.
- Keep pets in a separate room so they don't get overly excited.
- Arrange for an adult (18 or over) to be home to allow entry to your home.
- Provide a phone number to receive a call from the technicians to confirm the service visit.
- If you rent your home, get your landlord's permission to have your system serviced.
- If you discover your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen, shut it off to allow it to thaw before the technician arrives.